Tuesday 1 March 2011

German Impressions VII

 We visited the beautiful city of Heidelberg in Germany, seat of one of the oldest universities in the world. I had promised to my favourite Australian reader J. that I would take photos.
As you can see it was a glorious winter day: sunny and crisp and there were people from all over the world up and about. In fact, it was as cosmopolitan as in downtown Paris (if this is a valid comparison), also due to the U.S. armed forces which are still present in the area.
Have you been to Heidelberg? I can highly recommend it.




 The old castle overlooking the city and the river.







 These cakes were offered everywhere and very yummy! I must look for a recepies online.




All photos: European Chic

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Anna, you gorgeous girl! A million thanks. I adore seeing the place again. I treasured my visit there - it really is one of the prettiest around. Imagine going to university there - that would be a treat! J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wirklich schöne Bilder aus Heidelberg.Sogar die Sonne scheint.
    Gruß aus HH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by european chic and commenting. Every comment makes my day!
Anna

More from European Chic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...